CUPA Forum Environmental Trust Fund
The California Certified Unified Program Agency (CUPA) Forum Board established the CUPA Forum Environmental Protection Trust (Trust) Fund in 2009 (Trust Regulations). This Trust was established to manage and disburse monies from enforcement case settlements to enhance the investigation, inspection and enforcement of Unified Programs throughout the State of California.
These monies will be disbursed through a Grant process. Grant requests shall be made using the Grant Application on this page. They must submitted no later than March 31st of each year. Grant requests may be approved in whole or in part and upon such terms and conditions as the Trustees deem appropriate. Successful grant applications will be awarded for the following fiscal year beginning July 1.
Grants will be awarded competitively based on available funds and these criteria:
* Degree that intended purpose of the grant benefits Unified Program implementation and enforcement.
* Degree that intended purpose of the grant is only for one-time expenditures or otherwise sustainable (e.g. seed money).
* Degree that the proposal can be used by other CUPAs or replicated.
* Degree that intended purpose of the grant applies to all elements of the Unified Program, e.g. USTs, APSA, hazardous waste, etc .
* Degree that the proposal work plan is achievable and realistic.
* Degree that proposal produces measurable results.
* The amount of previous grants made to a particular grant recipient and the use of such previous grants.
* Degree that the intended grant recipient has to obtain requested goods, services or funding assistance without grant funds.
* Degree that the proposal is creative or innovative.
Grant applications must be complete before they will be considered. All specific certifications must be checked. Grant applications should address the applicable factors listed above. The intended purpose of the grant could be as simple as the purchase of one instrument or a complex program dealing with training, equipment and implementation. The only mandatory award criterion is that the intended purpose must benefit Unified Program implementation and enforcement
Please submit questions to trustees.
Download Instructions: Right mouse click on any of the links above, select "Save link as...". Use the Save dialog box to navigate to the folder (or create a new folder) where you would like to save the files. In the file name text box, enter a name such as "grant-application.doc", "grant-award.doc", or "trustees.doc", and then click "Save". When saved, you can open them using Microsoft Word or OpenOffice to fill in the forms, save, print and mail, or e-mail them as an attachment.